Midgard Elites
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Midgard Elites

The mighty forumspace for Midgard Elites on Snowbourn.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

LoTRO live until...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Gert
Captain-General
Captain-General
Gert

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-09-02

Character
Race: Man
Level: 50
Class: Captain

LoTRO live until... Empty
PostSubject: LoTRO live until...   LoTRO live until... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 5:09 am

2014...or 2017 :p

Quote :
OR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

WESTWOOD, MA – February 20, 2008 - Turbine, Inc. announced today that in the wake of the global success of The Lord of the Rings Online™: Shadows of Angmar™, named the 2007 PC Game of the Year*, it has reached an agreement with Tolkien Enterprises to extend it’s license to develop Massively Multiplayer Online Roleplaying Games (MMORPG) based on The Hobbit and The Lord of the Rings by J.R.R. Tolkien to 2014 with additional options to extend the rights until 2017. “We’re thrilled with the global success of The Lord of the Rings Online since its launch in 2007,” said Jim Crowley, president and CEO of Turbine, Inc. “With the recent announcement of what are sure to be two blockbuster films based on The Hobbit and a sequel, we expect the success of the license and our relationship with Tolkien Enterprises to grow for years to come.” “We have had a wonderful working relationship with Turbine over the past several years,” said Albert M. Bendich, Executive Vice President of The Saul Zaentz Company, and its merchandising division Tolkien Enterprises. “We look forward to our continuing success with Turbine as it pushes the envelope for compelling online entertainment and gameplay to bring the compelling characters of Middle-earth to life for Tolkien fans around the world.”

The Lord of the Rings Online delivers an interactive experience brimming with life and filled with the familiar people, places and monsters from the most beloved fantasy adventure of all time. From the quaint surroundings of the Shire to Angmar, the vile kingdom of the Witch-king, players will experience the world of Middle-earth as never before. The Lord of the Rings Online is available in North America, Europe, Australia, New Zealand and Japan. For more information, please visit www.lotro.com.

About Turbine

Turbine, Inc. is the premier creator and operator of massive, persistent online worlds that foster powerful social gaming communities. Founded over a decade ago with the vision of becoming a leading provider of online entertainment, Turbine has grown to become one of the largest privately-held online gaming studios in North America. Turbine has created some of the world’s most popular and award-winning exciting online games, including The Lord of the Rings Online™: Shadows of Angmar™, Dungeons & Dragons Online® and Asheron's Call®. For more information on Turbine, its products and services please visit www.turbine.com.

About Tolkien Enterprises

The Saul Zaentz Company d/b/a Tolkien Enterprises is the holder of worldwide motion picture, legitimate stage, merchandising, and other rights in J.R.R. Tolkien’s literary works The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. Tolkien Enterprises has been producing and licensing films, stage productions and merchandise based on Tolkien’s works for almost 30 years.

Its headquarters are in Berkeley, California, and its website may be found at
www.tolkien-ent.com.

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/content_page.php?aid=33329
Back to top Go down
Gwalchmai
Captain-General
Captain-General
Gwalchmai

Number of posts : 192
Registration date : 2007-06-12

Character
Race: Elf
Level: 60
Class: Hunter

PostSubject: Re: LoTRO live until...   LoTRO live until... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 7:22 am

YAY!

Should give them time to fix AH, and other bugs Very Happy

Well, maybe at least...

/G.
Back to top Go down
http://www.midgardelites.dk
Fanderay
Midgard Esquire
Midgard Esquire

Number of posts : 54

Character
Level: 57
Class: Minstrel

PostSubject: Re: LoTRO live until...   LoTRO live until... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 5:42 pm

Ohh... then we have 6 more years to get Thorog and the Rog down;)
Back to top Go down
Folki
Midgard Esquire
Midgard Esquire
Folki

Number of posts : 85
Registration date : 2008-01-12

Character
Race: Dwarf

PostSubject: Re: LoTRO live until...   LoTRO live until... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 21, 2008 6:24 pm

Anyone good at maths? Would be interesting to know how much that would mean I've paid per month if I last the distance. I was in game on day one and am a life member - reckon by 2017 that'll work out as quite the bargain, hehe.
Back to top Go down
Gwalchmai
Captain-General
Captain-General
Gwalchmai

Number of posts : 192

Character
Level: 60
Class: Hunter

PostSubject: Re: LoTRO live until...   LoTRO live until... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 2:07 am

Folki wrote:
Anyone good at maths? Would be interesting to know how much that would mean I've paid per month if I last the distance. I was in game on day one and am a life member - reckon by 2017 that'll work out as quite the bargain, hehe.

Subscriptions are charged at the following prices (all prices are inclusive of VAT) :

Sterling

8.99 – 1 month
25.47 – 3 month
47.94 – 6 month
83.88 – 12 month

Euro:

12.99 – 1 month
35.97 – 3 month
65.94 – 6 month
119.88 – 12 month

Dollars:

14.99 – 1 month
41.97 – 3 month
77.94 – 6 month
143.88 – 12 month

If you pay monthly and in Euro's. And the game will run until 2017, lets pretend its till April 13th, to make it even up. Its a pretty easy calculation Smile

Monthly payment @ 12.99 (120 months) - 1558,80 Euros
Quarterly payment @ 35.97 (40 quaters) - 1438,80 Euros
Half year payment @ 65.94 (20 halfs) - 1318,80 Euros
Yearly payment @ 119.88 (10 years) - 1198,80 Euros
Back to top Go down
http://www.midgardelites.dk
Folki
Midgard Esquire
Midgard Esquire
Folki

Character

PostSubject: Re: LoTRO live until...   LoTRO live until... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 2:21 am

No no no no no. I paid a life subscription on day one - I don't pay a monthly fee. Can't even remember how much it was now - maybe £100? So for every month I stay, it gets cheaper Smile

So, if it was £100, that means that if I stayed 10 months it would've essentially cost me £10 per month, if I stay 20 months it comes down to £5 per month etc. Wish I could remember what it cost and when game started but it's no biggy.
Back to top Go down
Gert
Captain-General
Captain-General
Gert

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-09-02

Character
Race: Man
Class: Captain

PostSubject: Re: LoTRO live until...   LoTRO live until... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 11:10 am

My Lifer subscription was £99.99 - and I paid it 24/04/07 which is when it went live Smile (info should be on your Cogs account page)

There was a 2nd Lifer subscription rate of £150 introduced about 4-5 months in...
Back to top Go down
Folki
Midgard Esquire
Midgard Esquire
Folki

Character

PostSubject: Re: LoTRO live until...   LoTRO live until... Icon_minitimeFri Feb 22, 2008 2:17 pm

So if we hang in there 'til 2017, it will have worked out at £10 per year, or 83p per month. Bargain!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: LoTRO live until...   LoTRO live until... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

LoTRO live until...
Page 1 of 1