Midgard Elites
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Midgard Elites

The mighty forumspace for Midgard Elites on Snowbourn.

HomePortalLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Bilbo and Frodo's Birthday

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Gert
Captain-General
Captain-General
Gert

Number of posts : 549
Registration date : 2007-09-02

Character
Race: Man
Level: 50
Class: Captain

Bilbo and Frodo's Birthday Empty
PostSubject: Bilbo and Frodo's Birthday   Bilbo and Frodo's Birthday Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 3:29 am

22nd Sept is the equivalent of both Bilbo and Frodo's birthday - for a little treat, speak to Frodo in Rivendell to start a quest arc Smile

There's also something called "Honour the Heroes" happening :

Quote :
On the top of a hill under the sky, you will find Dorkkwin sometime today. Take part in his play to honour the heroes of the Battle of the five Armies, but don’t get beaten!

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?t=218555

I'm thinking it's a NPC or GM event at the Party Tree Smile
Back to top Go down
Gert
Captain-General
Captain-General
Gert

Character

PostSubject: Re: Bilbo and Frodo's Birthday   Bilbo and Frodo's Birthday Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 3:39 am

And:

Quote :
It is Mr. Bilbo Baggins birthday today. The cook Faradill is going to bake a cake for him sometime today. Find Faradill and ask if he might need a hand!

http://community.codemasters.com/forum/showthread.php?p=3102295

Think the "Honour the Heroes" event is one for later today...
Back to top Go down
Gert
Captain-General
Captain-General
Gert

Character

PostSubject: Re: Bilbo and Frodo's Birthday   Bilbo and Frodo's Birthday Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 4:28 am

More "Honour the Heroes" info:

Quote :
Today is a great day, for it is on this day several years ago that was fought the Battle of the five Armies and even though many were slain, the men, the dwarves and the elves prevailed against their enemies!
And it is on this grand day that I, Gorgrinn, accompanied by my brother, Dorkkwin, went out to honour our ancestors’ sacrifices through some sparring!

With each year fewer people remember their ancestors. Be it because they forgot them or because they just don’t care, it matters not to us, what we do, we do for the sake of all the sacrifices that were made back then. It was with great honour today that we sparred against the likes of Krane, a fellow dwarf of unequalled bravery and courage, and Alanithir, an elf for whom I would give more respect than some dwarves I have met before! It is a shame so few would answer the call to honour those who died for us, but it is recomforting to know that there are still a select few out there who do. Thanks to all participants for putting on a show for our ancestors!

A familiar name ther - also sounds like it's come and gone Sad
Back to top Go down
Gert
Captain-General
Captain-General
Gert

Character

PostSubject: Re: Bilbo and Frodo's Birthday   Bilbo and Frodo's Birthday Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 8:19 pm

Both "Honour the Heroes" and "Pat-a-cake" are GM run so there's no fixed time for the events; if you see the GM on it's happening...

"Pat-a-cake" is from Rivendell and requires a run into Giant Halls; "Honour the Heroes" seems to be in Thorins, Gondamon and Party Tree (from what I've heard)
Back to top Go down
Alanithir
Midgard Inhabitor
Midgard Inhabitor

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Character
Race: Elf
Class: Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Bilbo and Frodo's Birthday   Bilbo and Frodo's Birthday Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 10:11 pm

Winrar they mentioned me HAX
Back to top Go down
Alanithir
Midgard Inhabitor
Midgard Inhabitor

Number of posts : 5
Registration date : 2007-08-31

Character
Race: Elf
Class: Hunter

PostSubject: Re: Bilbo and Frodo's Birthday   Bilbo and Frodo's Birthday Icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2007 10:11 pm

From winning Spars they gave me Beer and Health Pots
Back to top Go down
Gert
Captain-General
Captain-General
Gert

Character

PostSubject: Re: Bilbo and Frodo's Birthday   Bilbo and Frodo's Birthday Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 5:01 am

And another ME'er gets mentioned:

Quote :
Faradill: “Today was the birthday of a good friend of mine. His name is Bilbo Baggins, you might know him. I wanted to bake a cake for him, a very special birthday cake like they make it in The Shire, where he comes from. Unfortunately goblins attacked the merchant on his way hither and stole all his goods. They took a rare spice, too, which I needed to bake the cake.

Luckily I found many, many brave folks willing to retrieve this bag of spice from the goblins. Among them were Hyacinthe, Gwalchmai and Ferravellon. But the goblins proved to be tougher than expected. Either those evil creatures drove them off or the fellowships could not find the bag in those hostile lands. So eventually not one of the brave folks came back with the bag so spice. Therefore I wasn’t able to bake the cake for Mr. Baggins. Nevertheless I appreciate the efforts those brave men and women made to recover the spice very much. Thank you again.

In the end Bilbo was happy even without the cake, but I believe he would have loved it.”

Congrats on the mention; commiseration on the no-show for the cake...
Back to top Go down
Gert
Captain-General
Captain-General
Gert

Character

PostSubject: Re: Bilbo and Frodo's Birthday   Bilbo and Frodo's Birthday Icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2007 4:16 pm

2 new GM-run quests:

"Do you know Mr. Bilbo Baggins?"

Quote :
Do you know Mr. Bilbo Baggins? Elyriel is going to test that at one time today with some questions you might know. If you can hear the voice of hurrying water in rocky bed at the bottom, smell the scent of trees in the air, and see a light on the valley-side across the water, you will find Elyriel soon.

and

"Do you know Thorin Oakenshield?"

Quote :
Look out for Drakak in the peaks at some time today as word has trickled down that he's offering prizes to those that can answer his questions.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Bilbo and Frodo's Birthday   Bilbo and Frodo's Birthday Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bilbo and Frodo's Birthday
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Midgard Elites :: Midgard Elites - General :: General Discussion (Public)-
Jump to: